+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gar

Hybrid View

Question Gar

This sounds crazy I know, but still I am wondering. Does a gar stink? Let me explain, a couple of days ago I was eating lunch next to the pond in the city park, when I noticed a very strong fish smell. I mean I've smelt fish all of my life, but this was extreme. There was a very large fish that came to the top of the water, not far from where I was sitting. I only got a glimpse of it, but I would've sworn it was a gar. It isn't a very big pond, and if someone has turned loose some gar in there, I know they will probably take over the pond, but I can't swear as to what kind of fish it was. But it had a very strong odor. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them.

thanks in advance,
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Only after a few days in the sun!
    Mike

Never caught one that had a smell to it. My problem is the guy in the canoe with me landing it, he is scared of the teeth.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

You land your own dang gar!
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Hijack, love the quote.

"Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

Go catch a big ugly fish,

Gary

Gar farts?

+ Reply to Thread