Here's another announcement that 3M made in 2003, I believe. I wish I had had the foresight then to purchase a Charlton reel or 2, or perhaps another DB Dunn rod and reel case. 3M Scientific Anglers Acquires StreamWorksOn June 1, 3M Scientific Anglers announced it has expanded its product offerings with the acquisition of all the product lines and brands of Seattle-based StreamWorks International, Inc. StreamWorks’ holdings include DB Dun rod cases, travel luggage and packs, J.W. Outfitters, McKenzie flies and fly-tying tools, and, perhaps most notably, Charlton Outdoor Technologies fly reels. Jack Charlton will stay onboard, contributing his years of experience in fly reel research and development.
3M Scientific Anglers also takes over worldwide distribution of Dohitomi Hooks, Rainy's Flies, Borger Media, and C&F Design fly boxes and fly-fishing accessories in North and South America.
Bruce Richards, with Scientific Anglers for more than twenty years and also involved in the Federation of Fly Fishers and a board member of the American Fly Fishing Tackle Association (AFFTA), sees the acquisition as a benefit that goes beyond just Scientific Anglers and its retail partners. "We can provide the resources of 3M to the acquired products to make them even better," said Richards, "plus, we now have additional expertise through the likes of Jeff Wieringa, Jack Charlton and Dan Baumgardner to bring new innovations to the Scientific Anglers product line."