+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holding Bass

Default Holding Bass

Saw this graphic on Facebook. Obviously, it says to hold it vertically, but shows a horizontal "safe zone". Any comments?
    All men are equal before fish.

-Herbert Hoover

Spare Time for Fish

I haven't seen the graphic before, but it's good, the information came out several years ago. If you want to show off a nice bass horizontally, use two hands.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

No, no, no. You MUST grab it by the lower jaw, shake it like crazy, all the while jumping around in your boat like an absolute fool and screaming like a little girl, THEN release it. I see the jack@$$ "professionals" on TV do it all the time, so it must be the correct way.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jszymczyk View Post
    No, no, no. You MUST grab it by the lower jaw, shake it like crazy, all the while jumping around in your boat like an absolute fool and screaming like a little girl, THEN release it. I see the jack@$$ "professionals" on TV do it all the time, so it must be the correct way.
    But first you have to rip it out of the weed bed at Mach2 with your 90lb. test line. I wonder if they ever have just the jaw come out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by gmac209 View Post
    But first you have to rip it out of the weed bed at Mach2 with your 90lb. test line. I wonder if they ever have just the jaw come out of the water.
    Not with bass but high speed trolling will result in catching crappie lips.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jszymczyk View Post
    Why you just CAN'T be referring to all those conservation driven Pros who, after they do all the above, race MILES from the SPAWNING BEDS they took said bass off before releasing them? I wonder who protected those beds while those bass were away?
    I'm one who believes in NEVER fishing bass beds, but that's another discussion.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread