+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fraud Alert !!!!!

maybe Nunzio wants to "take him for a ride to see some fishes"
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

This guy wanted to do some trading with me a while back. Glad I stayed clear of him. Very sad situation.

The worst thing about a guy like this is how he affects our reaction to others who may be really in need. I hated it when my first thought about Matt kemp's generosity to a dying young fan tonight was that that stuff might be on E-bay tomorrow.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

I need to back up a bit here. There was good that came out of this, at least for me.

When I built that rod for him, I posted pics here. One of our members, Uncle Jesse, saw the pics and contacted the Denver Post here in Denver and bragged the rod up. This resulted in them doing a couple of interviews and a full page article in the print version of the paper and video for the online version. This was picked up by AP and many other papers and is what really launched things for me. So, even though I wrote off $30 on that rod, I have made it back many times over thanks to Jesse and other word of mouth. The advertising value alone more than covered that $30.

He tried to bite me a couple of other times, but even though I had forgiven the $30, I did not have to forget what he was trying to do and avoided any damage.

Over the last few days, I have had to keep reminding myself, at times to no avail, that I pray every Sunday that I be forgiven as I forgive others.

Sorry, guys and gals. The cancer has brought out a preacher streak I didn't know was there. It's time to forgive. We do not have to forget and should learn from this, but it's time to forgive.

I'll shut up now.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Well the plot thickens as they say.
    back in late January over on the classic cane forum someone was selling a 7 1/2' Orvis rod. I happened to be looking for one. so I contacted the seller and said "i'll take it". I then realized that about a month earlier I'd bought a reel from this person. So, we e mail each other about the rod and I send him a USPS money order. a couple of days later I get an email with a picture of a different rod and a note that says he screwed up. Story he gave me was that he had sold the Orvis a few weeks earlier and didn't get payment then all the sudden the payment shows up so he figures the rod should go to the first guy. I tell him, no deal, just send my money back. two weeks pass and no payment. i e mail him again "oh, I've been busy with school and forgot." Blames it on PTSD(which if he doesn't have and is saying that just as an excuse I'd be really ticked. I hae friends who do and I can see it's Hell) Finally after 2 more weeks I get a check. Guess what? It's not signed and I specifically said I wanted a USPS money order. E mail again. Been busy with school and going to the V.A. for bad back. Finally about 2 weeks ago a money order, not a USPS money order but from Wal mart. I threw it on the desk and figured I'd get to it next time I went to the bank. Well this A.M. I grabbed all the bank stuff to make a run this afternoon. i just happened to look at the name on the M.O Guess who it is???? Yep. our friend Scott Martin. I think I'm going to just go right to Wal Mart to cash this thing. Now the fun part of this is, I still have all the emails with his address.

Blog Entries

If all who have been defrauded and used the USPS filed a complaint with the postal inspectors he might be thrown in jail. Using the post office makes it a federal felony and the post office has its own police force to deal with people like this. I would contact the post office in his home town and suggest on other boards that people do the same. anyone can make a mistake, this guy is a crook, he isn't making mistakes he is a conman.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

AMEN Kevin to the forgive (but not forget) statement. God bless you!
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Just a heads up. This guy is still around over on the Classic Cane forum. Going as Bamboo1. He now is saying he is the president of the Mid Atlantic IFFF? Be careful if you go to that board.

Blog Entries

I will alert the FFF about this. Larry ---sagefisher---

Easiest way to nail this guy is for anyone who was supposed to be paid for something and didn't receive it is file a complaint on IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

With everything that's been posted it would be very easy to get him.

+ Reply to Thread