Well the plot thickens as they say.
back in late January over on the classic cane forum someone was selling a 7 1/2' Orvis rod. I happened to be looking for one. so I contacted the seller and said "i'll take it". I then realized that about a month earlier I'd bought a reel from this person. So, we e mail each other about the rod and I send him a USPS money order. a couple of days later I get an email with a picture of a different rod and a note that says he screwed up. Story he gave me was that he had sold the Orvis a few weeks earlier and didn't get payment then all the sudden the payment shows up so he figures the rod should go to the first guy. I tell him, no deal, just send my money back. two weeks pass and no payment. i e mail him again "oh, I've been busy with school and forgot." Blames it on PTSD(which if he doesn't have and is saying that just as an excuse I'd be really ticked. I hae friends who do and I can see it's Hell) Finally after 2 more weeks I get a check. Guess what? It's not signed and I specifically said I wanted a USPS money order. E mail again. Been busy with school and going to the V.A. for bad back. Finally about 2 weeks ago a money order, not a USPS money order but from Wal mart. I threw it on the desk and figured I'd get to it next time I went to the bank. Well this A.M. I grabbed all the bank stuff to make a run this afternoon. i just happened to look at the name on the M.O Guess who it is???? Yep. our friend Scott Martin. I think I'm going to just go right to Wal Mart to cash this thing. Now the fun part of this is, I still have all the emails with his address.