I always hate to ban anyone but! Rest easy, Scott Martin, NewTyer 1 is history on our site.
His trail of scammin is over on our site. I understand he has played the same game on several
other sites as well. He has spread some interesting stories but using his two yrs in the NG as
an excuse to obtain $$ for himsel is just too much. I doubt if anyone will ever know all the correct story.
He has refused to block out personal info on his DD-214 and allowing us to see it. I personally do not believe
one of his stories. Being a Vet myself, his stories hurt me deeply.
Please everyone, if you want to deal with him, just be careful. I have quite a file on him that I could share, but will not.
From day one when I first picked up on a possible fraud, and confronted him, let him off w/30 day ban. Then several others,
Bad Denny! Should have hammered him then. Sort of like shutting the barn door after the horse is out.
I personally approve and or delete all new requests for membership. It is possible for a person to try to register, using a different handle and get by me but the IP normally will not change. I ask all of you, if you suspect one of our old banned members slipping by me, please let me know. I will research it out before acting. I do need you all to help.
History: Joined FAOL Jan, 2011 as NewTyer 1 #22026, beginner fly tying, Student. As time progressed he developed many illnesses.
Had auto problems, then daughter w/cancer, VA problems, becane an expert fly tier and rod maker. Authority on all rods & reels.
Different stories on different boards. Has been banned on several others also. His real problem as I see it is he is a pro scammer.
I am sure he has an answer to every thing that has happened to him and none ot it his fault.

Kevin, I understand he has already sold that beautiful rod you made him, that had the ribbons wraps. I doubt if you will ever see any more $$ from him. Sad!

Lets all go fishin.

Denny