+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RESTORE CANE ROD

Default RESTORE CANE ROD

HEY, GUYS I NEED SOME INFORMATION ON HOW TO RESTORE CANE RODS. WHAT WOULD YALL SUGGEST.

THANKS, CURT

I

Check down through this forum, there is some good inforamtion posted. If you don't find what you are looking for, ask some specific questions, many knowledgable people here more than willing to answer them.
    Pete

Hi Curt, Welcome aboard. Restoration of cane rods is a lot of fun. It takes some patience, a few special tools, and time. The most important part of the restoration project is in finding the things you need for the restoration. Vintage original guides, threads,etc. are available and there are sources for those things out there. Having a good reference is another must if you havn't restored cane before. I would recommend a lot of reading and if you can find a copy of Michael Sinclairs "Bamboo Fly Rod Restoration Handbook", I would get a copy of that. There are a lot of memebers on this forum that are much more than willing to offer assistance in your project and I think you will find them as excellent sources of information as well.

Good luck with your project and have some real fun with it. By the way, what kind of rod is it?

+ Reply to Thread