+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks for sbs posts.

Hybrid View

Default Thanks for sbs posts.

I would like to thank Hans, Alan B, John Scott, Scott P and others for some great SBS tying Instructions. I like SBS instructions because I can print it out and use it by my tying table. Videos hace their place but Unless a special tying
    technique is being shown, I very much prefer SBS. Thanks guys for spending the extra time required to share your talents.

I second that thought heartily!
    Mike

I could not agree more. I enjoyed them and learned much from them. Thanks for sharing....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I also want to thank all of the above mentioned tyers and Hans for the inspirations, knowledge shared and especially for helping the long drawn out days of winter to pass by a little easier. Those of us who are visual learners are fortunate to have this technology available to not only see each step, the materials, and if needed online communication with the presenting tyer. I too printed out many of those lessons to have at my tying desk.

Okay, allow me to be the dissenting opinion re: SBS vs. video. I prefer to see someone actually tye so I can see the process, various placements of materials, the actual number of wraps of thread or material and the actual movement of the tyers hands. I'm not sure if these aspects can be observed so clearly in an SBS. Regardless, I don't tye while watching the video or, for that matter, while viewing a SBS. I just know that I can spend a few minutes watching a video, by Hans for example, and get more out of it then by scrolling through an SBS. Now don't get me wrong. I appreciate all that the person creating the SBS does and like to view them. If given a choice, I just prefer the video.

Allan

AlanB Guest

It sounds like the way forward is to do it both ways. I don't know how others go about it but the few videos I've done took me a long long time to edit. Maybe with practice that will come down a bit. I can do a photo SbS in an hour or two, a video takes me 12+ hours. I'll see what I can do.
    Cheers,
    A.

+ Reply to Thread