Well I am back. What was suppose to be a 3 day Kayak fishing trip turned into 1 because of snow , freezing temperatures and a nasty north wind. The river was a little high but clear, but the previous yrs flooding had lots of trees across the river. One of my buddies turned over about 1/3 of way into an 8 mile stretch.
We caught lots of Smallies in the deep pools': back eddies , slow lazy-suzan whirlpools ,and counter flows. Some times we would get out and fish and and sometimes we stayed in our kayaks. Even they my 2 friends fly fish they fished ultra light spin cast rods w/ jig head soft plastics w/ wiggle tails.
I did equally well with weighted rubber legged crayfish flies. One of the best ways for me w/ a fly rod in the 15+ foot deep pools was to anchor in the slow central current current and cast the rocky banks and hop and sit the crayfish down stream in the counter flows. I did catch a smallie or 2 on a brown over yellow Clouser, but my Clouser's did not get to the bottom quickly enough to suit me. I will post a picture or 2 once I get things sorted out.

Thanks for the help