+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Office build / new aquarium project

Thanks Charlaine. I will be stocking the tank with Peacock and Hap cichlids. The hap species will get to 10-16" on some of them. I actually did consider putting trout in it, but after some research about keeping trout in an aquarium I found I would need a "chiller" to keep the water temp where it would need to be (over $1000 for that) plus the chiller would suck out about $100+ per month worth of electric bill all on it's own. So needless to say i ditched the trout idea pretty quickly lol

Well there is still a lot more to do such as - Pre-hung door built into the aquarium wall covered with 3D rocks so the door is not noticeable, wood threshold strip between the two rooms, finishing the wood trim work, fix and paint some of the original ceiling at the bottom of the stairwell, finish making the wood face plates on the stairs, build the 3D background for the aquarium, trim the opening of the aquarium with wood, finish the decor pieces....still lots to do, but this is where it is at right now.

Great job.Looks like a great place to hang out.

Looks great. You did a fantastic job on it.

Well the past week was spent doing some work as well as upnorth fishing so just got a few hours this evening to get back on the office build. Tonight I installed the prehung door which I had to do lots of trimming and fitting but finally got it fit nicely now. And also started covering it with foam which I will start shaping/carving tomorrow so that once it is done then it will blend right in with the rock wall so you won't even know there is a door or room behind the wall (James Bond kinda stuff lol)

Also did the pole at the bottom of the stairs to match the rock wall...

Still some more work to do but getting close to being done now with the room and close to being ready to start in the tank on the tanks background.

Just beautiful! I enjoyed looking at each picture and wondering, "What about the door knob"! From the last picture, I noticed it disappeared! Great job!!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I actually was considering making a hollow "rock" that would fit over the door knob to hide it, but after getting the wall done and just painting the knob with matching colors it all but disappears unless you really look for it.

Well the office/ultimate Man Cave is almost complete........

+ Reply to Thread