+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First fly fishing trip yesterday of this year

Default First fly fishing trip yesterday of this year

Decided on spur of the moment to go to private pond yesterday and I am glad I did. Had to fish from bank casting into wind but one of the best days ever flyfishing. I caught 18 hybrid bream and 23 lmb. The largest bream was not counting fins, from belly to top of back 6 1/2 inches and 9 3/4 inches long. Did not throw back any of hb and to take the hook out on all of them(I was sitting on a dove stool) I had to lay the hb on my leg cause I could not get hands aroung any of them. I kept all of the hb and 8 of the lmb and made for some good filets for supper. Caught most of them on the furled yarn black leech(I think that is the correct name). Rick I hope I gave the correct name for the fly. Sorry for bragging but I just had to share with you all. Yes I did get several wind knots and ruined a furled thread leader it was still worth it. If the urge hits you to go ff, then go for it. Tite lines to all of you. mathcarver

Glad you got out. Glad the fly worked for you.

Rick

congrats on a good day.

it was breezy around here yesterday too I filled quite a few prescriptions yesterday but had zero wind knots, damaged no leaders, and did not lose a single fish! count your blessings, I'm glad somebody is wetting a line!!!!

Good job Mathcarver!

Cool, glad you did well! I am hoping to get out again in a few days, and have only been out once. Have been out of town the past two weekends, and am on call this weekend, and grandkids and daughter are here. Her husband is taking graduate courses, and needs time to study this weekend with no small children demanding his attention, so they are here. We are glad to have them, but I am not getting any projects done this weekend, thats for sure.

Hope to get out in the next week or so. A friend says it should be good in our area from now until almost June.

Regards,

Gandolf

+ Reply to Thread