Thread: Tenkara Dry Fly Fishing?

Threaded View

Default Tenkara Dry Fly Fishing?

Tenkara dry fly fishing gets almost no mention on most of the Tenkara Forums, which is because most of the more traditionally oriented Tenkara boards out there are promoting the more traditional Skasa Kebiri type fly patterns and the One Fly Concept style of Tenkara angling. But even in Japan Tenkara anglers fish floating fly patterns a lot more than we have been led to believe in this country. Personally I fish dry flies a lot, 100% of the time on streams and close to 50% of the time on lakes and ponds. And I believe that Tenkara fly fishing offers the ultimate angling experience when it comes to fishing dry flies, much more so than Western fly tackle does. So you can emagin my excitement when I came across the Tenkara Guides LLC. Dry Flies fishing article, with a considerable part of its emphasis placed on the fishing of dry terrestrial fly patterns - another subject close to my heart. So, if you are interested in reading about doing some Tenkara dry fly fishing, here is the link to the article: http://tenkaraguides.com/ten-colors-...ues/dry-flies/
    Last edited by Golden; 04-23-2013 at 05:02 PM.