+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 wt

Hybrid View

Default 3 wt

i am in market for 3 wt 7ft or longer, considering package deal / seperate component purchase. for no sound reason i gave always wanted an orvis battenkill reel, can't get happy with their rod prices. i know there are good rods available from online sponsors, any advice appreciated, fish for trash fish 99%, bream/crappie/bass.
    thanks

I am saving up for the Cabela's CGT 7' 3wt fiberglass rod. Just the one I have decided that I want. But there are a lot of very good 3wt rods on the market.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

what are the advantages of fiberglass?

newsflash! they are on sale online now?

Default Recommended 3wt

I was in the same boat and after trying a Sage Circa, TFO, St. Croix I ended up with a Echo3...I LOVE this rod...cast very nicely...accurate....liteweight.....and great customer service and warrantry. Went looking for a rod and stopped by a shop I have used a bit....we went to cast the other rods when the UPS truck showed up with the Echo3's on it we tried the other 3wt's when the 3wt Echo was found....several of the shop guys also tried the rod out and we all were kinda shocked.....now myself and 2 of the shop guys are using the Echo3 rods.

Wayne
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

Their (Cabelas) Three Forks rods are also on sale. That little 7 ft 3 in 3 wt for around $40 is a great rod. Don't let the low price fool you. Check out the online reviews. Put a Prestige reel with it and you will have a nice outfit.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread