Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
Karli -

I am curious what kinds of fish you will be fishing for and how you intend to present the fly.

I don't think a beadhead would help the fly, unless you have the notion of "jigging" it, or you feel there is a need to add some weight to get it further down in the water column ??

John
Largemouth bass are the primary fish around here. Yeah, I had thought maybe it needed weight to get it lower in the water column, but now that I think about it I think I would fish it skittering along the edges of lilly pads and such things around the edge of the ponds around here. Hopefully the fur will help it not catch too many weeds... the only other type of fishing I am really familiar with is using a spinning reel for largemouth with flukes rigged weedless on a Gamakatsu hook.
Like this...
hp_softjerkbait_11.jpg

So, that is what I base the majority of my presentation(s) off of. I have no idea how to "present" a fly on a trout stream. Which, I should learn soon, because the second week of May Christopher and I are going to Smoky Mountains National Park for a trout fishing vacation!

Karli-Rae