Quote Originally Posted by HOSSCOOPER View Post
How do y'all feel about using bait? I normally use a fly when tenkara fishing, but maybe using some bait to catch some new species of fish or at least one you don't catch too often. Would it bother you at all? HOSS
I look at it this way: Fishing is nothing more than a game, and unless a game is an organized sport (Little League, NCAA, or NBA, for instance), the players get to set their own rules. What I mean is, if two guys want to play tennis with the net lower than specified, or even removed altogether, that's okay.

When I fish, it is my prerogative to decide how challenging or how easy I want to make it. Nobody else's business -- unless some sort of competition is involved, and then honesty comes into play.

If I want to fish with doughballs flavored with Korean fish oil, that's okay, and it's also okay if I want to limit myself to fishing with a size #6 Royal Coachman dry fly for a whole season -- that's nobody's business but my own. Tie your line to a tenkara rod to a soda straw or to a walking stick, no problem.

So my response to your question is that you use whatever sounds like fun to you. Enjoy your fishing, and enjoy your freedom to fish however you darned well want to do it.

~Paul