For February I am planning a Medieval and Renaissance swap. All flies have to be a pattern (or modern adaption, by necessity...) of Thomas Barker (Oliver Cromwell's Cook..1651 AD), Claudius Aelinanus (Circa 200 AD), Izaak Walton (1653 AD), or Charles Cotton (1676 AD). Modern materials and hooks substitutions are acceptable as long as the pattern retains the original....flyness (???). You can find a lot of the patterns here at http://seventeenthcenturyflies.blogspot.com/.
On this swap, the research should be at least half of the fun.
I am a major history buff.
This is going to be great!
1. AlbaSurf - Issac Walton's March Dun Fly #1 (received)
2. Gigmaster - Charles Cotton's Violet Fly (complete)
3. Icemanxxxv - Cotton's #56 Black Hackle (received)
4. gmac209 - #47 Peacock (received)
5. billhouk - #10 Walton's Wasp (received)
7. Rick Z - Lesser Red-Brown (received)
8. Captain Mortis - Macedonian Fly (received)
9. Bob 9 - Charles Cotton's Peacock # 31 (received)
10. Chris - #13 Whitish Dun (received)
11. branhap -Walton Shell Fly
12. roadhog - Charles Cotton's #26 (received)
Last edited by Gigmaster; 03-06-2013 at 01:33 PM.