+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4-08-13 Clinton River Browns

Default 4-08-13 Clinton River Browns

After 4 trips out and nothing to show for it this brown was a much needed shot in the arm.  It has been less than perfect in S/E Michigan this year with cold windy weather and low lake levels. As im not much of a trout fisherman I have been trying to expand my horizons and actually target these fish on a local stream not to far from here. Fishing the Clinton River off M59 and Squirell Rd yesterdays weather and fishing conditions finally came together with temps in the upper 50's and clear water conditions I gave it a shot, this and a burning desire to try out my new Rio Gold 5wt line. After several hours I managed 2 small browns on a rabbit strip clouser and had a large carp take a swipe at it as I was pulling it upstream near where I was standing. Both browns took the clouser like they meant it making the strike very detectable. As for the carp all I seen were the unmistakable scale patterns as it rolled up after the fly. although I have caught many a carp on the lake Ive never got one on a stream. The RIO Gold fly line is exactley what was needed for cold water it laid out nice with NO memory that I could see making a straight connection to my fly. Looking forward to getting out once the weather cooperates.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pics like that spur me on in doing my PT every day!
    Thanks,
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread