+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FAOL and a Nook?

Hybrid View

Question FAOL and a Nook?

First, I hope you have all been well, I haven't posted in a while, though I have checked in from time to time. With my wife's new job, which is all done on computer, I haven't been able to get online much. But I did get a Nook. I really like it as far as an Ereader goes, and it even surfs the internet, however I can't get it to allow me to post anything here on the board??? I'm sure it is something simple, that I have either overlooked or just don't know about, but any help here would be greatly appreciated. I know it will allow me to post on other boards, so its not the machine, its gotta be the user. lol

thanks in advance,
    hNt

PS, I've really missed not getting to pester you guys,
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Jason, good to know you are lurking out there and doing well. It has been a while since we heard from you, hope you are getting out and catching from creek chubs. Now that we know you are lurking we will be obligated to make disparging remarks from time to time. It you get down to the northeast side of Atlanta give me a shout out.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Jason,

Can't help you with the posting problem, but, I am so glad to see a post from you. I have been really worried about you because it has been a long time since you last post. Thank God all is well with you and your family.

Good to have you back....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

HnT, Have you tried checking on the BArnes and Noble web site? When I have trouble with my Kindle, I go to Amazon, they have a whole section on managing Kindles. perhaps B&N has a similar section for trouble shooting Nook problems.
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    First, I hope you have all been well, I haven't posted in a while, though I have checked in from time to time. With my wife's new job, which is all done on computer, I haven't been able to get online much. But I did get a Nook. I really like it as far as an Ereader goes, and it even surfs the internet, however I can't get it to allow me to post anything here on the board??? I'm sure it is something simple, that I have either overlooked or just don't know about, but any help here would be greatly appreciated. I know it will allow me to post on other boards, so its not the machine, its gotta be the user. lol

thanks in advance,
    hNt

PS, I've really missed not getting to pester you guys,
    Don't use a Nook so I can't comment about them, but I can say that I've missed being "pestered". Don't be such a stranger around here.

Ed

Hadn't tried before. Use Nook only for books but thought I'd at least give it a whirl. Did it work?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Seems to..... try putting FAOL in the bookmarked pages?

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Oh, another thing I noticed ... you need to put your name and password in ... at the top in REALLY, REALLY little boxes. Even if you're passworded in to your computer, you still need to do it in the Nook.

Just a reminder. I write outside of the flyfishing universe. I currently have 4 novels on Kindle and Nook. Just look under "bob boese".
    FAOL has kindly agreed that I can reformulate my articles here into a couple of books (one on bass and the other on bluegill) and put those on K & N.
    Check me out.
    "So many people are out there doing things they call environmentalism, but only because it's politically correct or has a lot of cache."

+ Reply to Thread