Shopping there and working there can be two differnt birds.

As for working for any one of those, remember that the store is in business to sell,retail sales. So,when are you open?? Weekends and holidays, evenings.

The people in the Hamburg,PA Cabelas store are great people. I know a good share of them. I'm only 20 minutes away,so most of the employees are local. Now having an employee tell you what it's like? May not be the best thing to do. Someone on here will read this and say, hey you wrote this about the boss!!! Or you said this....The employee will say it's great place to work. Well I do know that all of the full time employees are told you will work 3 out of 4 weekends. Suck it up. Only one employee off at one time. To go over that, you need the department head to OK that. You will be there during all of the sales days and holidays sales days. Get used to it. You will be there.
Par timers are hired to work---weekends. When are the sales going to mostly happen?? Weekends, before Christmas, holidays, opening days for hunting,fishing,etc. Good luck. I do also know they have given steaks dinners to employees for having good quarters, great sales weekends,etc. Only problem is that to get the steak dinners, you have to work..... It's retail so if you're used to retail and like dealing with customers, not alwyas happy customers, good luck.
I think I'll just go down and visit myself.
I doubt Bass Pro is any better. It's retail....

Randy