+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AllStar Austin Blanks??

Default AllStar Austin Blanks??

Has anyone heard anything about AllStar and what is happening with their Austin blanks?
    I went to their site just now and can't seem to find anything listed anymore.

I did send them an email to inquire...

John

Hi John--as stocking All Star distributors I wish we could say we knew more than you, but to be honest it's not much more!

After Shakespeare bought All Star everything was to be "business as usual", and they apparently have done production runs of Austin blanks in the past few months. Shakespeare has of course been working through the entire business, making decisions about what should go and what should stay, and as of last week there was still no final decision on the blank program.

We do still have a number of models in stock if you're after something right away, or if you want to wait and see once the dust settles, we'll be sure to let you know what we learn.

I sure hope they don't can the program, though, as these really are superlative and unique blanks!

All the best,

John
    The Rocky Mountain Rodbuilding Supply Co.
    Your source for the finest in fly blanks and components.
    [url=http://www.rockymountainrodbuilding.com:af841]www.rockymountainrodbuilding.com[/url:af841]

Hi John

I just got this response from Rxanne at AllStar
    ======================
    [i] Unfortunately All Star discontinued the sale of Austin fly rods and rod
    blanks about two years ago. We do not have any fly blanks left in
    inventory.
    I'm sorry we can not be of service.
    The All Star Service Guide [i]
    =========================

I agree that these are superlative blanks. I built one late last summer and it is everything I could want in a fly rod. It will be a pity to lose this design.

John

Thanks John...the response you received isn't entirely accurate, though--All Star was rolling blanks and selling them to/through their authorized distributors like ourselves through spring, 2004. We've had a significant backorder with them since May, so it appears they halted production on the blanks once Shakespeare took over.

I did speak to the person responsible for the blank program this afternoon, and he confirmed the blank program has been scratched. I also know Sharon Johnson in the Houston plant is attempting to lobby the head office to find a way to keep this alive, but I would surmise we've probably lost a truly great blank.

Anyway, just an fyi.

John

The Rocky Mountain Rodbuilding Supply Co.
    Your source for the finest in fly blanks and components.
    [url=http://www.rockymountainrodbuilding.com:21403]www.rockymountainrodbuilding.com[/url:21403]

The All Star blank program for custom builders was discontinued about 3 weeks ago.

All Star will continue manufacturing blanks, but they will not be available to custom builders any longer.

+ Reply to Thread