+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snuck out!

This one took a #10 olive gold bead crystal bugger. I've caught a couple others on a black crystal bugger as well.

On another thread Goduster said
    I do it all the time on either crystal white or black wooly buggers on my 2wt
    By the way, how exactly do they
    drive my nuts

They are so thick between the boat ramp and Sumter Blvd. doing their spawning thing, they hit the boats hull and prop as they flee. Not to mention how they are destroying the water quality and pushing the bream and bass out with their territorial ways.

Are they making the bass fat? The first time I ever remember hearing about Tilipia was in Progressive Farmer magazine. A pig farmer was putting them in his waste pond to process the runoff from his pig barn which was to be washed down daily. They I saw a show on "Dirty Jobs" where they put tilipia in with striped bass to proces their waste. I think you need some kind of a poop fly. I can probably help you out, I have several that looks like poop.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

after reading this, I ain't so sure I want to eat Tillapia anymore! My mom lives in North Port, so I guess next time I go to visit, I ought to bring my fly gear.
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

I think they push native species out and destroy water quality more than they provide a forage base. Besides most of them push 6lbs. I rarely see younger sizes.

As far as eating Tilapia, my cardiologist told me it is the only fish that is actually bad for you. It contains no heart friendly amino acids and is actually loaded with bad fats not to mention the heavy metals associated with farm raised fish.
    Last edited by mylobass; 04-07-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mylobass View Post
    They are so thick between the boat ramp and Sumter Blvd. doing their spawning thing, they hit the boats hull and prop as they flee. Not to mention how they are destroying the water quality and pushing the bream and bass out with their territorial ways.
    Thanks for the tip! I'm heading out there right now!

Quote Originally Posted by appalachian angler View Post
    after reading this, I ain't so sure I want to eat Tillapia anymore!
    If you're going to let a little thing like that bother you stay away from the chickens down on the farm or you will never be able to stop at KFC again. I do thing about it everytime I see tilipia on a restaurant menu.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

How'd you do smij? They were so thick behind the condo's when we went by.

Walked the shoreline at Dallas White and only saw (spooked) one! Didn't see any at the bridge at Sumter and 41, either. Did manage one little bass from under the bridge!

+ Reply to Thread