+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: There are 41 species of snakes in GA; only 6 are venomous

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    The attitude of the people in Alabama is probably well reflected by the signature line of a local guy on another flyfishing bulleting board, it "There are two kind of snakes, cobras and chicken snakes. If it doesn't have a chicken in its mouth, it's a cobra!" Every since I moved to Georgia people have been telling me the best thing about Alabama is it keep Georgia from being next to Mississippi. 76% of the people in Mississippi agree.
    I did not shed any tears when I moved from Alabama, but I did make one very good friend there who wanted to learn about fly fishing. He put me on the biggest bluegills I have ever caught in my life. However, he was originally from Tennessee, and the bluegills were in Florida.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

I lived in B'ham for several months back when the earth was young and have traveled over most the state. I love the Shoals area, used to spent 6 or 8 weeks a year up there. Great lake fishing for bass, crappie, beautiful country. Alabama was originally part of the Mississippi territory, I tell Georgian that when Mississippi entered the union the Mississippian insisted Alabama be formed as a buffer between them and the criminals used to settle Georgia. Part of that is true.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread