Jim,

Had both eyes done a year ago and had them done one week apart. Told the doc I didn't want to wait for the second one and all the drops that go with the process etc. Both came out fine and I opted for distance lenses instead of the close up kind. Also turned done one of each, which the doc said he really didn't recommend. Loved being able to see from here to forever this year especially out in the woods. My one year vision check last week showed vision at 20/25 and that's good enough for me. Did get my last pair of prescription glasses for the close up stuff (reading, computing, fly tying and the other essentials) but also use an occasional drug store cheapie set of "peepers" too. But, they're too small and heavy to suit me for too long. Wore glasses for the last 61 years and it's wonderful not to need them for distance anymore. The eye patch, all the drops and stuff is well worth it. Did get a mite fed up with everyone I came in contact with at the operation office asking me my name, who's my doctor, what am I here for and which eye. Decided to have a little fun when they went into the same routine in the operating room. When they asked the final question of what the doc was going to do for me today I answered," Cataract surgery on my left eye and as a bonus for being such a distinguished patient he's also going to be installing hair plugs!" The whole operating room became a series of snickers and laughs and the doc came up to the table, put a hand on my arm and assured me that the eye surgery was his domain; but, I'd have to seek hair plugs at another place. Then he too laughed and said he'd see me later. Told him I'd be seeing him too as long as he did a good job!