+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moose Hair, Anyone?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Moose Hair, Anyone?

Sitting here at my desk just now when a terrible racket arose at the back corner of the house... Enough to force me to take a look. Moose tracks crossing the deck were the first clue and made me step lightly when looking around the corner of the house... Sure enough a huge cow and yearling calf were in the backyard looking for lunch...

But the gate... chainlink, and very ordinary explained the noises... It must not have been opening fast enough for the old gal and it took some serious abuse! Wads of moose hair are everywhere. I did not check for blood yet... Will wait until they move on... just because.

I will take the camera out and take a few photos and post them when I return with a card reader later today...
    art

It must be nice to have the animals donate tying materials, although maybe not at the cost of a busted gate.

Regards,
    Scott

That is way cool ... I'd really like to see those pics... not everybody gets to have a "Moose" trash there fence...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Blog Entries

Finally found a functional card reader and got some photos into Photobucket... Need to get a different way to do this whole thing as Photobucket has made it abundantly clear they do not want my photos on their site. I would dearly love to have back a small fraction of my life wasted in sheer garbage perpetuated by those "undesirable people"...

On the way to look for the source of the noise I found a clue right off the edge of the deck...
    Last edited by hap; 04-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Was just checking the links there before I wasted even more of my life in PB...

Looking through the gate there was a bit of hair in the snow on the other side... While I remained on my side of the fence...

Sticking my nose around the corner there was some more hair just inside the fence...

Then there was more on the frills atop the gate...

And even more at the end of the gate...

So they left the way they came and wandered around the tress in front of the house...

All in all they donated enough hair to tie hundreds of flies... but no blood was found, though I suspect there may have been a serious raspberry formed from it all...
    art
    Last edited by hap; 04-07-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Seriously???? Photobucket just lost someone that COULD tolerate them... But only barely... Those photos were uploaded at maximum web page size and they just did whatever they wanted with them...

+ Reply to Thread