In a recent thread Longs For Cuts mentioned "Cascade Crest's Body Fur" and in checking it out I saw it compared to Organza...can't seem to find that reference back.

Anyway I've been playing around with Organza and find removing the vertical strands to be a real PITA....here's what I mean... from a 7/2011 post of James Smith.

"Go by your local Michaels or Hobby Lobby and look in the fancy ribbon section for Organza ribbon. This is shear ribbon that looks like untra-fine mesh. It comes in a wide variety of colors including several metallics. It also takes markers very well. It also comes in several widths ranging from 1/4 inch to almost 2 inches wide. I find that the 1/2 to 1 inch wide works best from me. When you get to your tying desk, cut of about 6 inches of the ribbon of your choice and then cut it up the middle so you have two pieces. You can also only cut off one edge if you want extra long body wraps. When you have it cut in two, now remove all the lateral pieces of thread, leaving only the cross members of the mesh. When you're done, you'll have a single bound edge with hundreds of thin spikes, almost like a hackle feather after you've stripped of the barbs on one side. This material makes fantastic looking bodies on a wide variety of fly patterns. The smaller ribbon makes great looking nymphs while the wider ribbon makes nice leeches or even small baitfish patterns. You'll have lots of fun experimenting with differnt patterns using this as either the body or collars of different patterns.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions of if I made this sound more difficult/confusing than it really is.

Jim Smith "

Anyone have suggestions on how to make the process easier?.....Jim???