+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got it!

Blog Entries

I have to buy two more, then I get the rest for free here...

Just when I turned 65 and no longer needed a license Kansas changed the law! They did sell me a lifetime hunting/fishing combo for $40 though.
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Kevin,

Congratulations and enjoy!! In Tennessee, the fishing lic. is a combo which allow you to fish and small game hunt. I have always purchased it plus my Trout stamp and an annual pass for some smaller TVA lakes ( there are 18 ) here which require a fishing lic. plus you pay $6.00 to fish each time you go. The annual permit allows me to fish them and not have to pay the daily fishing permit. The annual permit cost is another $40 but I live within 12 miles of one of these small lakes and enjoy going there quite often to just walk the bank and fish for the bluegill and bass. One of the smaller TVA lakes is stocked with trout. So, each year, I was spending $86 for my fishing and they expire on Feb. 28th. I did not purchase my lic. this year because on March 15th, I make it to the age of 65 and was able to purchase my lifetime Senior Citizen fishing lic. for $11. This allows me to fish for all species including trout, hunt small game, hunt deer and turkey ( as long as I was on private property and not a Public Hunting Area which will require another permit) plus I can fish all the smaller TVA lakes and not have to pay the daily permit. That $11 cost is the last time I have to pay anything to the State. Needless to say, I really enjoy this opportunity and glad I made it to 65! There are benefits to getting old!!! : )
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

This is great! I was not aware I could get a lifetime inland fishing license in North Carolina when I turned 65 for the grand total of $15.00!

Got one now!!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

congrats kevin and you will be around to put some years on that one too!

Seniors pay $22/yr (fresh & salt) in Texas, but a Texas senior can fish for free in Oklahoma - go figure.

Bob9

Blog Entries

Apparently Oklahoma is a lot more than just OK.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    Apparently Oklahoma is a lot more than just OK. Ed
    Do you realize how hard it is to get a Texan to say something good about Oklahoma?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Got mine 5 years ago. Could have done it a lot sooner if I had know about it. Mine doesn't expire, I don't have to renew it, doesn't cost me ever again for--Lifetime Freshwater Fishing & Trout. Yep, it also includes the trout stamp. Its plastic, like a credit card. George

+ Reply to Thread