+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks Ohiotuber-new Pentax WP 6.0 megapixel camera in hand!

Hey Guys
    Do you have any problems seeing the image in the LCD screen?
    I've got an older version of this camera (Optio 33WR) and find that I have to use the viewfinder in bright sunlight because it washes out the image in the LCD.

Default Flyboy, Marco, Bill, Dickm and Barry

Thanks for the replies, suggestions, etc. Would have answered sooner; but, been to the OBX with family for a short vacation. Still trying to learn how to manage all the stuff that this camera can do. Tried highest resolution setting at beach in case a few photos come out good enough to print in my usual 8 x 10 format. Glad to hear that the MACRO setting will allow some good closeups of flies etc. I did notice that looking at the LCD screen; especially with my sunglasses on, posed a few problems and had to take them off especially when using the zoom feature. Depressing the button halfway to check the focus seemed to help. It'll be a while before I get up to speed. The old uncomplicated digital was a simple point and shoot job compared to this beauty.

My theory is always shoot at full resolution. You might get a shot of a lifetime, and disk space is cheap. With my 2gb card I can get 1234 photos at full resolution and fine setting on quality (best). That is what I shoot. I use the Free Google Picasa2 image program, and it is super easy to organize, tune, and output photos. If you need a smaller one for email or an Avtar, it is a snap. The photo in my post above is resampled down to 400 pixels for the web, but looks fantastic at the full 6mp resolution.

+ Reply to Thread