I just thought I should post a recent experience with the Customer Service at William Joseph.

I own one of their Ultralight chest packs. I really like it, as it is very very light and so is great for backcountry fishing where hiking in in necessary and cutting down on weight is important.

On my last trip, I had the ultralight fishing pack strapped to the back of my back pack and tore it all apart while crawling under a tree. It was totally my fault. The pack didn't get torn up because it was defective. It got tore up because I am a moron.

After I got home, I was looking at William Joseph's website for a replacement pack and noticed that they have a guarantee that they will repair their packs no matter what. I didn't think that this could possibly apply to my situation (obvious abuse) but I called them anyway. I explained that I had ruined my pack through my stupidity and asked if their warranty covered such a situation. The nice lady in customer service told me that their warranty does cover this and that they would repair the pack if it was repairable.

I sent it in, and today I got it back. It has been very nicely sewn back together.

This is a terrific example of customer service! I am really impressed. I'm so impressed that I just bought a William Joseph Creel fishing pack to add to my fishing equipment pile. They have a customer for life.

It's so rare to find great customer service these days, that I thought that I needed to share this story of a company that truly went the extra mile for me.