+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting situation

Hybrid View

Default Interesting situation

I was watching FOX news today and the crawler stated that the hunting guides were haveing a run on cancelations in Colorado. This was because of the strict new guns laws passed. So it got me to thinking have any of you fisher folks decided to for go a trip to Colorado?
    I have a friend that goes to CO every year just to ride the back counrty. He told me he was going some where else this year.

Don't make this into a gun debate of pro's and con's just if any of you were thinking about else where because of the news laws.

Let's be real careful on this thread, folks. The site bans political debates and this one could turn that way real fast if we are not careful.

I live in CO, but plan to move soon. My guess is that any boycott won't be big and won't last long. But any harm that is felt this year will fall on people who do not support the recent gun control legislation. Anybody who changes their travel plans due to this subject is going to be punishing the wrong people. That is not very smart, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    Let's be real careful on this thread, folks. The site bans political debates and this one could turn that way real fast if we are not careful.

I live in CO, but plan to move soon. My guess is that any boycott won't be big and won't last long. But any harm that is felt this year will fall on people who do not support the recent gun control legislation. Anybody who changes their travel plans due to this subject is going to be punishing the wrong people. That is not very smart, IMHO.
    O.F. you are correct, the wrong folks will be hurt.

Was thinking about a trip to NY this fall for a little fishing/leaf peeping. Not anymore. Will be headed to Wyoming and South Dakota though.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

I spend every summer in Colorado.

I can't see any reason to change my plans.

After a little research, I may change some of my shopping habits, but's that's as close to this issue as I'll get.

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Blog Entries

I know a number of folks that have/will stop applying for hunting tags in CO because of this. Someone else will likely get those tags, and the odds will improve for many, but the overall "take" by the state on tag drawing fees will fall.

The sad part about the whole issue is this all happened post-Heller but before the SCOTUS really defined much. It is virtually certain they will overturn magazine capacity bans based on Heller. Heller further stated the prior Assault Weapons Ban would not have passed Constitutional muster.

+ Reply to Thread