Big daddy I agree with you to a point. When I bought the rods it was an unconditional warranty like TFO. I was not expecting free shipping I am willing to pay for the new tip just like they have on the website. I am not asking for special service or for them to do something they do not do. I did not make up there warranty they did. That is one reason the price of rods are higher. They said they will only make a new tip if I send the rod back then they would make a new tip and mail it back to me. I just wanted to save a step and a lot of time and pay for a tip in advance and have it mailed to me like they offer on just about every other rod they sell. BTW its not 75 for a new rod it would be 75 for the new tip the same ones they offer on the website for 30.

If you only new how many rods I have owned over the years and only broke three (two had been my fault).

Tig you are correct the rods did nothing wrong but I paid more for the rods for the no fault warranty, so in order to not have to deal with ST. Croix and the no warrenty warrenty I will be getting rid of all of them and replace them mostly with TFO and I may even throw a new rod or two from some other company just to see whats out. But never again from St. Croix.