Why is it that we expect to have a free rod shipped to us when we break a rod and it's our fault? Sorry, but I feel that the $75 is well worth it. It's pretty cheap to pay that for a new rod. Too many people have purposely broken a rod so that they get the newest rod out there. We are spoiled!! You break it, you bought it. If a rod has a manufacturers defect, you will find that the first time you use the rod. Defects don't grow.
Why do we pay $600 for a new rod?? Because the manufacturer has to build in the costs of replacements.
Carp, I'm not calling you out, I'm just stating a fact that the public is spoiled. People have to be responsible for themselves and their equipment. If I break a hammer,it's my fault and I'm mad at myself. I go to the hardware store and buy a new one and say--Be more careful!!! to myself.

St Croix almost went out of business twice and pulled it back both times. Times are hard and business is rough. We have to change our
ways of doing business or we will be writing on here about how a good business went out of business and we don't understand why....

Randy