My first experience with a fly fisherman on a stream was getting yelled at for bringing my son with me to the trout stream. It our my first at trout fishing. Granted, my son (9yrs) may have disturbed a pool but we did not know better at that point in time. We were spin fishing back then and I wanted nothing to do with grumpy abusive fly fishermen. Ten years later I decided to try fly fishing anyway. Since then I have meet some wonderful fly fisherman on some streams that were encouraging and gave great advice. I now have been fly fishing for 15 years and all my sons now fly fish with me. I vowed that I will never be that abusive fisherman and will always help anyone else on the stream. If they are fishing with their kids, I will be even extra helpful. I read a thread awhile back that fly fishing is dying and only grumpy old men fly fish. Twenty years ago I would have agreed with the thread. We are the ambassadors of our sport. I hope we are all willing to help out another fisherman. If your fishing is always more important than people, I hope you find a stream all to yourself. Not so that you do not have to talk to anyone, but so that no one ever as to talk to you.
caribe