+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GATHERING IN ROSCOE, NY (Fish-In - '13)

Default GATHERING IN ROSCOE, NY (Fish-In - '13)

Roscoe Fish-In 2013?

Just thinking about resurrecting and planning this event which was held in 2004, 5 and 6. In those years it was well attended, but 'life happened' and circumstances led to less participation. If you'd like to learn about this event - the who, what, when, where, how - you can read about it by just searching the 'Roscoe Fish In' on the Home Page. You can also see lots of photos we took those years and an after event review. The announcement descriptions from those years are still very accurate but will be updated if there's interest for having a 'Roscoe Fish In' this year.
    Now this is not a commitment, but if you are interested and might be able to attend (meaning for at least a day or two during the event) just indicate that interest by posting below. Any comments are also appreciated and I'll try to answer any questions anyone may have.

Allan

2. Default

Hi Allan,
    I live in N/E columbia County NY. I haven't gone to a fish-in before and this seems like a great opportunity to go and meet some of you guys. The trip is under two hours for me!
    Adios, Philip

Hi Philip,

Take a look at the previous Roscoe Fish-Ins for really good information and photos. Just some information for you and anyone else reading this and considering the trip, the week being planned is considered by all who are in the area as "BUG WEEK". So many and such diversity it's a real challenge but some great results if you can solve the riddle on any of the streams/rivers. More information will follow and maybe this is an activity that can get off-the-ground.

Allan

Allan
    I am interested, I live on long island. With planning, I cannot participate on saturdays.

Yo Allan - I enjoyed your Roscoe Fish-Ins and their successor Spring Flings. As you mentioned, life happened, and in the case of Charlie Place's passing several years ago, the past tense became operative. Health and marriage issues tapped a couple of the regulars. But how about 2014?

tl
    les

+ Reply to Thread