+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The best semi automatic fly reels

Hybrid View

Default The best semi automatic fly reels

2. Default

Great article Bill. I assumed that all Automatic reels would make a fly rod feel like a war club, thanks for the updated information. I think that people with some disabilities would be well served if they used these reels!
    Adios, Philip

Interesting article. $600 is a little steep. What do the other ones sell for?

Semi automatic fly reels are high end items. if you are looking for a trout reel I'd recommend the ATP 37 graphite which can be had for about $150.00. It can take up to a 7 wtf fly line A company called "JMC" makes a graphite reel that sells for about $100.00 but it only holds a 5 wtf line. Recently there has been an increase in the interest in semi automatic fly reels by the nymphing crowd. The current junior world champions used the JMC reel when they won last season. every once and awhile they come up on ebay.

I thought Congress was trying to limit the spread of those semi-automatic assault rods. Good article Bill, good to hear from you again. Those look like they may be good for soldiers in the Wounded Warrior Project who have lost limbs or parts of limbs.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

'you are right semi automatic fly reel can be used by the disable but they were initially made for the high end market. recently, a junior world championship was won by a team using semi automatic fly reels. they are more efficient than a standard fly reel.

+ Reply to Thread