+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aqua Nova Fly Lines

Default Aqua Nova Fly Lines

Has anyone used Aqua Nova fly lines? Ifso, what has been your experience with them?
    In particular I'm interested in the 99 series WF3F line.

Thanks for your help.
    Jim S.

[This message has been edited by DieKatze (edited 21 July 2006).]

[This message has been edited by DieKatze (edited 21 July 2006).]

I have a WF5F and a WF8 sink tip. For the money, IMO they are a good bet. If I was made of money more than likely all my lines would be Cortland 444 or 555, but I am not made of money so when I want to experiment or spool up a reel as a back up or loan to a friend, $15.00 is a good way to go. By the way, IMO they have the best backing on the market and again a very good price. A few fly fishers whom I have coaxed into the pastime lamented spending a lot of money to get started. Even though the line is the heart of the cast, some pocketbooks would allow only for a good line and nothing else. The Global Dorber Aqua Nova line lets my friends get a decent rod, reel, line and other essential components to match their budget. Since most fly fishers don't fish every day like guides or Jack Hise and the Ohiotuber the Aqua Nova line should hold up for a long time.

[This message has been edited by Jonezee (edited 21 July 2006).]

I am happy with mine. It casts well and has landed me more than my share of nice trout. As already stated the price was right.I got mine on sale at Canadian Tire (Hardware, sporting goods and automotive store) when they had a clearence sale of last years stock. Im only paid $2.49 Canadian for my weight forward 6 wt. At that price I bought 6 lines all floating in 5,6,7,8 wts I was also lucky to pic up a Cortland and a Sientific Anglers line both sinking for $9.99 a piece.

I have the DT4F AquaNova 99 series. As others have expressed, it's a good value. I did notice that the line had just a few glitches in it. Nothing that affects casting but I'll feel irregularities in the line as it moves through my fingers.

I own and have used many of the Aqua Nova lines, and will likely own and use more. They cast well, and perform well, even in the very cold tailwaters we have here. They don't seem to have the longevity of a top drawer Cortland or SA, but at about 1/5 the price, I can live with that. And as much as I like the doRbeR company, I can buy Aqua Nova lines at a locall grocery store for $9.95.

I have one that I bought from doRbeR. I'm no pro but I do fish as much as I can. I can't tell the difference between that line and my $39 lines. Yes, I would buy another.
    And I'd buy it from doRbeR. Their service is great.

------------------
    Life, is the time He gave you to determine where you want to spend eternity.
    ----------
    Lotech Joe
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

+ Reply to Thread