+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Fish-In

OMG Jack! Those are not real peanuts! Do NOT EAT THEM! No matter what Mike or Jack tells you!
    And,,, thanks for checking the bulb. If it goes out probably will bring cheers from both of the guys watching...

Psssst... I just learned Wakely Lake is open the month of August!

Jack...TRUST ME!!..They may LOOK funny, but those are REAL peanuts!!...Eat 'em ALL, but ROAST 'em first!!!

Jackster...Where is Wakely lake, & what is it known for? I detect a "sleeping giant" here!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

It's a C&R warm water lake with bluegill and bass as big as you've ever seen. It's a bit of a hike to get to and you need something to float in once you get there (no motors allowed)
    I've had 4# bass trail me as I kicked my way across that darned lake... they were waiting to try and grab 12-14" 'gills when you hook them!
    It's a rare treasure that lake with an extremely short open season.

Jackster.....YAHOO!!..The canoe will be on the Jeep. I hope you are right about the lake being open. I will check it out & post my findings (hopefully later today).
    Mike

I searched for Wakely Lake & it is rated a top BIG bluegill lake. It WILL be open to fishing during our Fish-In, & you can just bet the ol' tuber & Jackster will be there (along with others!). I may just have to buy one of those canoe carts to pull the canoe & gear back there....it's 1/4 mile, but big gills are surely worth the trek! Just another reason to get your tail to Grayling!!!

Thanks to Jackster for putting us onto a hidden treasure! What a guy!!
    Mike

Default Big Gills !!!!!!!

Jack,

Did I hear big blue gills, sounds like a job for my new 2/3wt but I saw you have to float it? Are you bringing a float tub?

wireguy

Default Re: Big Gills !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wireguy
    Jack,

Did I hear big blue gills, sounds like a job for my new 2/3wt but I saw you have to float it? Are you bringing a float tub?

wireguy
    I might bring both a 'toon and a float tube. I sold my wheels for the 'toon thinking I wouldn't see Wakely again because I moved 700 miles away!
    The float tube I can carry on my back. The 'toon... maybe an Ausable or Manistee float.

The plot thickens! LOL

Mike
    Big bluegills? Did you say BIG bluegills? I better get Herb and the boys over at Hog Creek Technonogies busy...you will need some special flies.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Wow! Big Bluegills in Michigan too! Man, my wife's going to kill me with all the time I'm planning on fishing and not spending with her family! I better settle down before this gets out of control! My fishing buddy and I just caught 50-60 bluegills in a lake here in Sebring late this afternoon using 3 and 5 weights. Man, what a blast!

Regards,
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread