+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Sierra.

Tyrone, I believe the fishing around Bridgeport, Twin lakes, The Walker River and the East Walker should be good then. Bishop might be ok then too. It's just the Southern part of Inyo County is poor right now. We will be in Lee Vining from June 19-21 and I'll probably be fishing Lundy and the Virginia lakes then. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
    Yup, obsidian. Sometimes we will come across jasper but nothing like the big chert ones I used to find around Carrollton, when I lived down there... PT/TB
    I know a couple of guys to do flint knapping, they go down to middle Georgia and take rocks out of one of the rivers in the area. Was your Mom and stepdad in the cattle business? I seem to remember her making the local news attending a cattle auction at the Circle M Ranch in north Mississippi back in the '60's.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I know a couple of guys to do flint knapping, they go down to middle Georgia and take rocks out of one of the rivers in the area. Was your Mom and stepdad in the cattle business? I seem to remember her making the local news attending a cattle auction at the Circle M Ranch in north Mississippi back in the '60's.
    Yup on the cattle biz too...my twin brother and I did some hay bailing, at our farm, in Carrollton...inspired him to go to Auburn and become a vet...

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    I am headed to the western side of the Sierras this June with the plan of going over the Sonora Pass for a day maybe two of fishing around Bishop. It sounds like I may have to scrap those plans and focus on fishing the lakes. I hope we get some good rains this spring. Thanks for the report Jim.
    The fishing on the EWR and areas affected by what they let out of Crowley and PVR remain to be seen...they have not had a good winter and Crowley is really low because the DWP has been blowing water out of it...

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Planettrout, Those are nice points. We used to pick them up around Kennedy Meadows area and on the West side of the tracks (now gone) near Olancha.
    There were several cars and trucks parked at the LP crk sandtrap so I didn't bother stopping there. Maybe I'll see you up there later on. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread