+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chemo again today...

Blog Entries

Default Chemo again today...

Chemo again today. Dr Purcell cut the dosage a bit as this is supposed to be a maintenance kind of thing. Yup. Chemo from now on. The goal is to get a tolerable level of chemo so we keep the tumor in check and me around for a while longer.

My cancer is not operable due to the emphysema that goes along with it. They can not just go in and cut it out. There isn't enough lung function to keep me going if even one lobe of one lung is removed. In the mean time, I am doing pretty well. I am wrapping a few rods even though I am not as fast as before. I'm not doing near enough fishing, though.

I am incredibly blessed in that I have learned much about family and friends that I didn't know I had. I have learned how I have touched others and made a difference in boy's lives through Scouting.

There is more for me to do. I never used to believe that God influenced things much, but I have seen how his guidance has been intertwined to get others in position to help me while giving them something they desperately needed as well. I have only seen the tip of the iceberg I'm sure. I am certain there is more that has been put in motion to do good for others as well as helping my way along this journey.

I thank God every day for my family, ALL of them, my friends both current and future, and for the gift of cancer to help me see just how blessed I am.

Peace be with you all...
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Kevin,

Those are beautiful words and feelings. You have been blessed and you will continue to be blessed. Keep the faith, the spirit and above all else, keep fighting. The mind can do some amazing things that doctors cannot explain. I know He is watching over you and your family. Thanks for sharing that post with us.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Our thoughts and best wishes are with you, Kevin. As it becomes more precious, life is more beautiful.
    Bill
    (A fortunate survivor)

Hang in their Kevin. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dave

blessings to you for all good things

It takes an uncommonly courageous man with profound wisdom and an icredibly big, loving heart to approach this the way you have, Kevin. I don't think I could do what you are doing but you have inspired me to handle my own infirmities in a more tactful, positive way. I pray for you all the time.

Kevin,

As a three-time survivor of separate brain tumors, keep your faith and your family first and foremost in your mind. And, keep a positive attitude that the Man Upstairs will help out when you least expect it. As for the so-called "cancer percentiles?" Square up your shoulders and swing from the floor!! My original prognosis was around 30 months after I was diagnosed with my first tumor. That was just over 15 years ago!! Miracles can and do happen... The restoration of my eyesight by a talented group of surgeons after five years of tumor-induced blindness is proof of that.

You are now in the prayers and thoughts of me and mine... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Blog Entries

Nighthawk, why is it I don't remember your name? I know I have seen it. Anyway, I have had my times of unmitigated fear and anger over this. It wasn't until I saw that my only recourse was to give the problem to God that I started seeing just how blessed I am. Since I ave the problem to God, our needs have been met. I am at a world class cancer center with a scary smart oncologist who is is cross trained in multiple cancers as well as internal medicine and has an MBA on top of all of that. He went to work for University 5 days before I was diagnosed. There is much more. Much much more. God has me. I know that as well as I know my own name.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Beautiful words and beautiful outlook Kevin..please know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. You are a true inspiration to us all.
    Bernie

Kevin

I have not given up on you and you remain in my prayers. Fight it with everything you can. Keep finding things that make you laugh out loud or give you great incentive to keep on going every single day. I have seen so many people win this fight! It can be done!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=frog+...=9&tx=89&ty=96

Conversely, based on my own experience, help your family by doing some planning now. When my Dad died after years of fighting cancer I was very disappointed to find that he had left no guidance or instructions and that made for some very difficult decisions for me at a time when that was a real burden.

I highly recommend this software. It not only helps you prepare a will, it contains a lot of forms that will help your family make decisions in accordance with your wishes. I used it last month to update things for my family. They will not be faced with the issues I had when my Dad died.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ke%2Caps%2C131

If my prayers come true it will be many years until your family needs such help!

Brad

+ Reply to Thread