Chemo again today. Dr Purcell cut the dosage a bit as this is supposed to be a maintenance kind of thing. Yup. Chemo from now on. The goal is to get a tolerable level of chemo so we keep the tumor in check and me around for a while longer.

My cancer is not operable due to the emphysema that goes along with it. They can not just go in and cut it out. There isn't enough lung function to keep me going if even one lobe of one lung is removed. In the mean time, I am doing pretty well. I am wrapping a few rods even though I am not as fast as before. I'm not doing near enough fishing, though.

I am incredibly blessed in that I have learned much about family and friends that I didn't know I had. I have learned how I have touched others and made a difference in boy's lives through Scouting.

There is more for me to do. I never used to believe that God influenced things much, but I have seen how his guidance has been intertwined to get others in position to help me while giving them something they desperately needed as well. I have only seen the tip of the iceberg I'm sure. I am certain there is more that has been put in motion to do good for others as well as helping my way along this journey.

I thank God every day for my family, ALL of them, my friends both current and future, and for the gift of cancer to help me see just how blessed I am.

Peace be with you all...