+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Portland, OR folks...need a big favor

Default Portland, OR folks...need a big favor

Boy do I hate to do this, but I figure I have a better shot here than anywhere else...

My wife will shortly embark on a 4-week neurosurgery rotation at OHSU hospital. Beings 31 July and ends 26 August. We have tried EVERYTHING to find an apartment or room for her to sublet for that stretch over the past few months - and everything is either way out of our budget (a handful), too far away (most of them), or not available for the period she requires.

Do any of you have ANY idea whatsoever where she might be able to find a place to stay for that time that is within either a bicycle ride or walk to the hospital? We have to adhere strictly to our budget, as she did not receive adequate financial aid this year. My job, unfortunately, supports us but here in the Baltimore-DC area, we don't have much room to breathe financially.

Anyone with ANY leads or info PLEASE email me ASAP. You've been an incredibly generous group, and we truly appreciate any assistance.

Marty (and the ever-so-lovely-and-talented Deborah)

I don't have a lead for you but you should also post on I-fish & Westfly... or Portland's Craigslist.
    BTW, the area near the school OHSU is pretty spendy... so you may want to discuss transportation alternatives, too.
    Later,
    Peter

I'll second Peters reply to post on Westfly. Lot's of good folks there.

J

We've tried craigslist for about 2 months, and the OHSU student housing ofc. Not much doing.

Transportation alternatives to those mentioned above will pose a problem. Car rental for a month will be over $700 alone, buses will most likely not be in operation at some of the times she'll be going in and returning from work.

We know the hill is mucho $$$ - which is why I'm hoping we can garner some help here and a few other places. She is one of 2 candidates they accept during the August rotation, and so far we'd like to end up there for numerous reasons (and we've been there enough times to know what to expect, more or less).

Anyhow, thanks for the advice. We'll check out Westfly in the AM.

Marty & Deborah

My suggestion is to find out WHO is she replacing in the rotation...and WHERE they are living now. If someone is leaving they just might be leaving a vacancy.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

buddy: you have a burden to carry. My wifes dad was a doctor and professor at OHSU, he has a whole wing named after him. Her brother is a retired doctor and Flight Squadran commander from the USAF and located in ORegon. Also, my sister is the president and head of all Oregon Lions. I think we may be able to assit. Email me. Jonezee

If all else fails there are the call rooms.

all help very much appreciated. will update when results are in.

Marty

+ Reply to Thread