Laws of life
Most of you know most of these, but this was one of the more complete list I have seen.
LAWS OF LIFE
1. Murphy's Law - Nothing is as easy as it looks. Everything takes longer than you think. If anything can go wrong, it will (at the worst possible time).
2. O'Tooles Law - Murphy was an optimist.
3. The Unspeakable Law - As you soon mention something, If it is good, it goes away. If it is bad, it happens.
4. Law of Expectations - Negative expectations yield negative results. Positive expectation yield negative results.
5. Howe's Law - Every man has a scheme that won't work.
6. Bramhams Theory - A day without a crisis is a total loss.
7. Etorre's Observation - The other line moves faster.
8. Skinner's Constant - That quantity which, when multiplied by, divided by, added to or subtracted from the answer you get, gives you the answer you should have gotten.
9. Law of Selective Gravity - An object will fall so as to do the most damage.
9a. Jenning's Corollary - The chance of bread falling jelly side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.
10. Gordon's First Law - If a research project is not worth doing, it is not worth doing well.
11. Maier's Law - If the facts do not conform to the theory, they must be modified.
12. Hoar's Law of Problems - Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.
13. Boran's First Law - When in doubt, mumble.
14. Barth's Distinction - There are two types of people: Those who divide people into two types, And those who don't.
15. Doehter's Dictum - Somewhere, right now, there's a committee deciding your future. Only you weren't invited.
16. Rule of Projects - The first 90 percent of any project takes 90% of the time, and the last 10 percent takes the other 90%.
17. Scheuber's Hypothesis - Don't try to fix nothing that ain't broke.
18. Gardner's Philosophy - Brilliant opportunities are cleverly disguised as unsolvable problems.
19. Schultz's Speculation - If you can't be right, be wrong at the top of your voice.
20. Longdon's Law - The more relevant a piece of information, the more difficult it is to measure.
21. St Benedict's Dictum - It is easier to beg for forgiveness than to seek permission.
22. Sattinger's Law of Electronics - It works better if you plug it in.
23. Dibble's First Law of Sociology - Some do, some don't.
24. Pubber's Observation - Anything that begins well ends badly.
25. Law of Probable Dispersal - Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
26. Contingency Principle of Management - It all depends.
27. First Rule of Motivation - To err is human, to forgive is not company policy.
28. The Peter Principle - In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence.
29. Parkinson's Law - Work expands as to fill the time available for its completion.
Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 03-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. Mark Twain