Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Laws of life

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NE Gwinnett Co., GA
    Posts
    4,880

    Default Laws of life

    Most of you know most of these, but this was one of the more complete list I have seen.

    LAWS OF LIFE


    1. Murphy's Law - Nothing is as easy as it looks. Everything takes longer than you think. If anything can go wrong, it will (at the worst possible time).

    2. O'Tooles Law - Murphy was an optimist.

    3. The Unspeakable Law - As you soon mention something, If it is good, it goes away. If it is bad, it happens.

    4. Law of Expectations - Negative expectations yield negative results. Positive expectation yield negative results.

    5. Howe's Law - Every man has a scheme that won't work.

    6. Bramhams Theory - A day without a crisis is a total loss.

    7. Etorre's Observation - The other line moves faster.

    8. Skinner's Constant - That quantity which, when multiplied by, divided by, added to or subtracted from the answer you get, gives you the answer you should have gotten.

    9. Law of Selective Gravity - An object will fall so as to do the most damage.

    9a. Jenning's Corollary - The chance of bread falling jelly side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.

    10. Gordon's First Law - If a research project is not worth doing, it is not worth doing well.

    11. Maier's Law - If the facts do not conform to the theory, they must be modified.

    12. Hoar's Law of Problems - Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.

    13. Boran's First Law - When in doubt, mumble.

    14. Barth's Distinction - There are two types of people: Those who divide people into two types, And those who don't.

    15. Doehter's Dictum - Somewhere, right now, there's a committee deciding your future. Only you weren't invited.

    16. Rule of Projects - The first 90 percent of any project takes 90% of the time, and the last 10 percent takes the other 90%.

    17. Scheuber's Hypothesis - Don't try to fix nothing that ain't broke.

    18. Gardner's Philosophy - Brilliant opportunities are cleverly disguised as unsolvable problems.

    19. Schultz's Speculation - If you can't be right, be wrong at the top of your voice.

    20. Longdon's Law - The more relevant a piece of information, the more difficult it is to measure.

    21. St Benedict's Dictum - It is easier to beg for forgiveness than to seek permission.

    22. Sattinger's Law of Electronics - It works better if you plug it in.

    23. Dibble's First Law of Sociology - Some do, some don't.

    24. Pubber's Observation - Anything that begins well ends badly.

    25. Law of Probable Dispersal - Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

    26. Contingency Principle of Management - It all depends.

    27. First Rule of Motivation - To err is human, to forgive is not company policy.

    28. The Peter Principle - In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence.

    29. Parkinson's Law - Work expands as to fill the time available for its completion.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 03-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. Mark Twain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts