+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MIdwest Fly Fishing Expo

Default MIdwest Fly Fishing Expo

The Midwest Fly Fishing Expo is this weekend in Warren, MI. Jack Hise and I will be there demonstrating furled leader making. Stop in and say hi. Not sure where we will be, but with the motroized board set up and running, we are not hard to find! See you all this weekend.

http://www.midwestflyfishingexpo.com/

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Brad, when are we going to get to see the new motorized setup in that other thread?

Duck

Once the show is history, and I get a bathroom remodel done(another check mark on the honey-do list), I will be working on building a new board. Thinking about using a nice hardwood this time(cherry, curly maple, figured walnut). I will have to see what the sawmill has laying around before I make that decision. I'll post pictures as I get into the build.

Brad
    -W.C. Fields

Blog Entries

Brad,

Hope you have a good time at the show this weekend. Say Hi to David Humphries of River Traditions for me. I just ordered a number of fly boxes from him.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Brad,

If you are retiring your old board and it is made the way I think it is, with grooves the full length and you just loosen a peg and slide it up the groove and tighten where you want it, then I will purchase your old board if you decide to sell it. I do not own a router and have always liked the way your board was made. Just let me know.....Thanks
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Larry

Will do. He will be just down the isle from us and I need a couple of boxes myself.

Warren

I am not retiring the board. One retiree in this house is enough . It will be set up in the Dungeon and stay there. I have an 6 foot extention for tis board that allows me to make Tenkara lines and leaders to 13' 6" in one piece. The board I will be making will be for shows and demonstrations. I will be making it 8 feet long...2 feet shorter than the one I have now. This will make transporting much easier and make the show booths less crowded. It will be nice to have the second one...I can take it to my cottage and make leaders if I need to. Of course the neighbors will be scratching their heads wondering what the heck I am doing! Thats OK....they already think I am not wrapped to tight, and they are correct!

If you want a board top with routed grooves, that can be arranged. Just let me know how long you want it.

Brad
    -W.C. Fields

I will be there for the weekend also.
    Stop by the "Clutch FlyRods" booth and say hi
    -Jeff

+ Reply to Thread