For the Missouri Ozarks I don't know. Last spring, 2012, we had good weather for the most part but from late spring until autumn broke it was absolutely horrible with heat and drought. I haven't fished since last April due to a combination of time, events and weather. That will have to be rectified this year. The year before it seems I saw about the same number of fly fishermen in the places I usually haunt. The places I usually haunt does not include the parks. I have no idea what's happening in them nor do I care to know. There is no fly shop in my immediate part of the Ozarks except for the paltry selection at Wally World. The closest one is 70 miles from my house.

To my knowledge there never was much of a warm water contingent of fly fishermen locally, at least on the creeks, streams and rivers. I do not recall ever seeing another fly fisherman targeting warm water in my over 40 years in the sport. I do know that lots of folks enjoy popping bugs on farm ponds for bluegill but from conversations the fly rod never leaves the farm.