Some folks just tend to approach their leisure pursuits with the same intensity as they would carreer goals. That is cool if, at the end of the day, you are not more stressed than when you began. I fish to escape day to day life stress, and while intnese about catching fish, it is not merely the sole object. I would rather catch less fish, using a method, and equipment that I enjoy rather than fish with gear and methods which are less pleasing simply to have more to brag on at the end of the day. That is not how I derive 'satisfaction'. If it was, then I guess I would succum to such methods as check nymphing with 10' broomstick of a graphite rod and a 30 yd leader, dredging every run of the river, and cursing anyone who got in my way. The whole aspect of competition trout fishing is ruining our sport as I know it. It sells products and magazines and satisfies the X-Game generation of fast paced and busy types. To each their own. As technology advances in our daily lives, I find that my fishing is regressing more and more in pure opposition to the daily grind. Getting back into bamboo, single flies and thinking about trying silk fly lines. Even then I suppose I can find wasy to improve my casting, presentation, and fly tying abilities. Bottom line, if I'm out standing, guilt free in the middle of a trout filled stream or river waving a stick and line, then how could I not be satisfied at the end of the day?