Thread: 2013 beginners only fly swaps applications are now open

Threaded View

Default 2013 beginners only fly swaps applications are now open

DECEMBER 20TH UPDATE:

Have added two new members to these 5 fly swaps, since I do not hold a December Fly Swap you can still get in on the November Soft Hackle Fly Swap, by sending in you Soft Hackle Flies (12) along with your Nymph Flies for the January Nymph Swap

There is only one position still open for membership! The next four fly swaps starts on January 1st 2013. You can still apply for the remaining fly swaps during the month of December, email me at
    parnelli@comcast.net Subject Beginner's Only Fly Swaps. Once you join I will mail out the package for these swaps, and during December you can dress the November Soft Hackle and mail it in with the January Nymph Swap Fly Patterns, or you can start with the January Nymph Swap, your choice. These swaps are for those new to fly tying, and to those who have never joined in a FAOL Fly Swap. ~Parnelli

November ~ Soft Hackle Wet Fly
    January ~ Nymph Fly
    February ~ Dry Fly
    March ~ Streamer Fly
    April ~ Terrestrial Fly

All flies need to arrive before the last day of the monthly fly swaps.

As Swapmeister I supply the following to members of these 5 fly swaps....
    • Pre-addressed envelopes for mailing the fly patterns in, and for mailing the fly patterns back.
    • Cardboard box for securing fly patterns for the fly swap patterns
    • FAOL Fly Pattern CD.
    • Toe-Tags for placement on the bend of each fly submitted for the swaps.
    At the end of each monthly swap I email a listing of all fly patterns submitted to each member of the swap in pdf format (requires abode reader).

There are only 10 positions open for these five fly swaps. Each member of the swap will submit 12 flies of the pattern they have chosen. The two extras are for replacements of lost packages that go missing in the U.S. Mail (I was the finder of lost mail when employed at the US Mail Recovery Center).

Each of the two mailing envelopes require $1.95 postage, meter strips are allowed for mailing in for each swap, but self-adhesive postage is required for the return shipment (or you can sent $2.00 along with your flies as I have everything check at the Post Office.

I am also a mentor if anyone has a question or difficulties.. If a members has a event that prevent them from mailing in on time I should be notified as soon as possible.

I need the following information for these Swaps

Full Name
    Mailing Address
    Evening Telephone Number
    Email Address

Steven H. McGarthwaite
    3505 Bellaire Avenue
    White Bear Lake MN 55110
    (651) 777-4650
    parnelli@comcast.net
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 12-20-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli