I managed to reach the golden age of 65, back in 1998. Had the opportunity to get my flock of genetic birds a year before. I had been involved with this flock for a very long time so was not new to what was involved.
I have enjoyed breeding these beautiful birds and if it had not been for liz and these past 6 years, Kenny. I would not have been able to handle it. I have had the wonderful opportunity to get to travel and fish places that I would never have been able to, because of the birds.
I came on board FAOL as a Sponsor but realized I wanted to be a part of the "People" side of Fly Fishing, more than Sponsor. I took on the chores of Chat room Host and sat in the chair for 12 years on Sunday night, 6 to 8 Pacific.
I have enjoyed all of it, even doing chores when it got down to -0 and had to thaw out frozen water. Fish Ins way too many to count.
For me it has not been just the birds but the people. Friends, not just customers is what is precious to me.
As I turn over a new page in my life I am enjoying more overnight outings. Yes, I do miss the birds at times but am enjoying a FULL retirement.
As many of you know I am first a trout bum, tier, rod maker, grouchy ole man. I started both fly fishing and tying at the age of 10. I am still learning and if I ever get it all figured out I will quit.
I want to thank all of you for the support you have given us over the years.
I did a lot of investigation and put a lot of thought into allowing the birds to go to into new hands.
Lars & his wife Sarah along with four Super Children (who are very precious to me) are the new Owners. They live in the outback of Idaho. Hopefully all of you will give them the support You have given me. Lars is continuing using my feed formula which is directly responsible for the high barb count I have reached. Feed prices (grain) continue to rise.
Please support Clearwater Hackle.

Thanks

Denny