+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teton Tenkara's Nissin Zerosum Tenkara Rod Review

Default Teton Tenkara's Nissin Zerosum Tenkara Rod Review

I totally agree with Tom: Nissin is the winner with this rod. I've already tried Zerosum 360 6:4, casting only, because river fishing is totally banned in Czech until mid-April.
    First, Zerosum tenkara rod is the best balanced rod I ever tried. Handle section is 67% of the total rod weight.
    Second, the tip segment is noticeably stiffer, than earlier Nissin rods. It looks like Nissin follows Dr Ishigaki concept in rod design. Stiffer tip motivates you to change a little your casting: forcast should be faster, as with all Shimano tenkara rods inspired by Dr. Ishigaki, and Try330 and Motive 390 rods by TheTenkaraTimes also.
    I'm looking forward to the season to test this rod by fish and should write the review at TheTenkaraTimes pages.
    Small stream junkei and tenkara apologist, write for http://www.tenkaratimes.com

Have to agree with both Oleg and Tom. It is a great rod. I saw them at the Osaka Fishing Show last week. I haven't had a chance to fish with one, although I have fished with their Zerosum seiryu rod, which is an amazing rod and insanely light for its length. The Zerosum tenkara rods come in 3.1, 3.6 and 4.05m lengths, and in 6:4 and 7:3 actions. I preferred the 6:4. At the show, they only had the 3.6 length, but I'll have some of all three lengths before too long (I hope).

With the new Nissin Zerosum and new Shimano Tenkara 38ZL, the bar has definitely been raised this year!
    Tenkara Bum

Chris, are you going to carry the Shimano 38ZL as well as the Zerosum?

Thanks
    Mike P.

Yes, I'll have both and also the Nissin Pro Spec 2-way, which is a 3.1m - 3.6m zoom rod.

I have one of the Shimano 38ZL left (at this writing) but have an order in for more. I have already ordered the Nissin Zerosum and Pro Spec but I don't know when I will get them. I ordered the 6:4 versions of the Nissins, as I liked it better than the 7:3.
    Tenkara Bum

+ Reply to Thread