Some years back I bought a hen pheasant hide from a bigbox store. The hide was seldom used and I had a bunch of hen feathers without a use. Then when tying some bivisibles I decided that maybe the hen could be tied along that line. So I tied up the Double Soft Hackle and sent a picture of it to another member. He recommended it be placed as a fly of the week however my camera is so old I was unable to get decent pictures so I decided to post it here.

The hook is a Mustad 3399 # 12, the thread Uni 6/0 fire orange and the tail a cock pheasant and the body two hen hackle feathers.

Its a fairly simple tie. Start thread behind eye and wrap to tail where you insert tail feather in conventional manner. Then move thread up shank to about midway and tie in one hen hackle. Then move up to just below the eye & tie in the other hen hackle. Whip finish, etc. The object is to have a lot of hackle fibers pointDouble Hack.jpging towards the rear. I suspect this fly will work on both warm & cold water fish. Give it a try and let use know how it works.

Tim