+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Superbowl fun

Hybrid View

Default Superbowl fun

I hope all you FAOLers have a fun Superbowl Sunday. I'll have the fellas over who come for Monday Night Football all season. We overeat, make up a 4 quarter pool and vote for our favorite new commercial and ignore the halftime show. Our bill of fare today will be grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, pasta salad, hot wings, hot links, chips and salsa and some kind of dessert. Don't really care who wins. Guess I'll go with the home team. Have a good day. Jim

PS. Dennis just called and let me know he made a VERY LARGE pot of chili beans. More overeating.
    Last edited by jimsnarocks; 02-03-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: more food added
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Leftovers here from Friday. The Broncos got whooped. Friends and family made other plans as we are all poor sports, and will not watch the game . I will secretly watch the game, drink a couple beers, and then pat myself on the back as a Denver Bronco purist. When asked by friends and family if I watched the game, I will quickly answer with a condescending "NO"!

Purple is an evil color unless it's mixed with a touch of Yellow (Vikings). The only thing more evil than Purple is the combination of Gold and Red.

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Jim;
    You got way too much food there Buddy, wish I was closer lol lol

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Dub;

I still can't believe they got by Denver

It's early in the 3rd quarter, still anyone's game unlike so many super bowls in the past the game is better than the commercials, with one possible exception. It wasn't funny, or hip but Dodge knocked the ball out of the park with their "And God made a farmer" commercial. Not many commercials leave me with a lump in my throat.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Good game, the older brother won, as it should be.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    It's early in the 3rd quarter, still anyone's game unlike so many super bowls in the past the game is better than the commercials, with one possible exception. It wasn't funny, or hip but Dodge knocked the ball out of the park with their "And God made a farmer" commercial. Not many commercials leave me with a lump in my throat.
    Jesse, You are right. The Paul Harvey/Dodge Ram Farmer commercial was top notch. I loved it.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread