We recently had a fly fishing show here in New Jersey during which I saw a unique pair of hackle pliers. I didn't buy them at the time but hindsight tells me I'd like to get a pair and give them a try. Unable to track the vendor from the show information I have, I'm seeking help in identifying these pliers from the vast pool of knowledgeable tyers out there.

The pliers were made from heavy round wire and resemble the traditional English style. However, the tips of the jaws were left round and not flattened. One of the jaws was bent at a right angle and formed into a U which was coated with a resilient plastic. The other jaw was uncoated and rested in the bowl of the U, held in place by the spring tension of the English-style configuration. Everyone knows what the traditional English-style looks like with its built-in spring coil and my description of the jaws should be an adequate description of what these look like.

I vaugely remember seeing this style someplace else in the past but can't remember where. Can anyone identify the manufacturer and/or provide a source???